How can you stay strong during a custody battle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• You pray. You pray a LOT. If I were you, I would also see if your BD is willing to speak to a court liason, a mediator, to see if visitation could be agreed upon, before it turns into an ugly custody battle. Honestly, I wish you the best. I hope things work out in a way that is best for the kids, and for you and the BD.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 10:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Remind yourself that you are doing this for your kids, not you. They need you to protect & love them. Don't let your frustrations for their father spill over into your interactions w/ them. Take a deep breath & remind yourself to be truely present when spending time w/ them, their childhood joy is infectious if you let it take you over. love you sign

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• You keep your children at the forefront of your heart and mind. Custody battles become about mom and dad trying to hurt one another WAY TOO OFTEN! Remember that you are hashing this out so that your kids' best interests are met. A good mama is always in a child's best interest, so just take care of yourself, and focus on your children.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 11:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• You pray. You focus on what your child needs, not what is convenient or what you want. You refuse to back down on importants stuff to "make it easier on everyone". And then you pray some more.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2010