Drowning in worry and sadness!!!

I was due on Sunday. Doctors are now scheduled to induce me if nothing happens by the 7th. Thing is... I am extremely paranoid and I am fearful that if I take this stress with me into the labor room it wont be good.
All I can think about is post partum!! The vagina being stretched out and in too much pain to even pee, my stomach being disgusting, bleeding profusely for who knows how long, breast feeding with achy nipples, no sex for who knows how long, getting cabin fever from being at home WAY more than I am used to.... The fear is taking over me and I am beyond emotional. Is it normal to be so damn scared and depressed?
Im not even focused on labor... my only fear is post partum!!! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yep i was that way to. The bellding was not bad for me. It was like any other period for me. I was not able to breast feed because my son was given bottles in the NICU so i was pumping. And that hurts a lot more then actually breast feeding. I had to have an emergency c-section so i dont know about all of the other stuff....I hope this makes you feel a little better about everything. Oh and my stomach didnt look all gross. I was only 5lb more then what i was before i was pregnant. Good luck. Try not to worry yourself to much! YOULL BE FINE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Shhhh, deep breaths mamma, your just worried about the unknown (assuming here, if you've had issues w/ ppd then you need to make sure your dr's aware of your past). If this is your 1st then its all unknown. focus on how long you've been waiting to meet this little one & how good its gonna feel to look down into their eyes. When your mind starts to wander to your fears redirect it w self talk like "I've made it this far, I can do this & there's nothing to be afraid of. I have ppl who love me & will help me if I need it" If you do have ppd there are many different options to treat it, don't be afraid to ask for help IF you need it, but don't convince yourself that you are going to, just wait & see. some things in life you just have to experience to see how you handle it, you can think it thru till you are spinning but its not gonna help. Let it go & focus on all the blessings you have. Remind yourself of other things you thought
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• hahaha.... your funny... but im 23 wees with baby #3... trust me, its only that bad if you let it get that bad. yea, it not the best 6 weeks, but hey, it comes and goes quick!
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 11:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• you couldn't do or were afraid to try. Relax & remeber once your little one gets here you're gonna be WAY to tired to even think!!! lol, hang in there mamma, your hormones are also changing.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Perfectly normal....I also had to be induced my lil one did not want to come out lol...once you see your lil one it is well worth it....and for everyone things are different when i breastfed i had no pain or anything. Relax!
    MrsV.

Answer by MrsV. at 11:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2010