• In the Spotlight:

I need Sleep help please.......

My son who turned 2 in Nov got sick right before his birthday, he was still in a crib at the time but it was converted to a toddler bed, well he got a 12 hour throwing up bug and I was laying on his floor next to him to help him when he puked each time. Ever since then he stopped sleeping through the night. I have never slept with him before this. But now he wakes anywhere from 1 time to many many times. Sometimes I can go in there and just rub his head and tell him to go back to bed, sometimes It takes me having to lay with him to calm him down and will take up to 30 minutes to calm him down. They are not night terrors that he is having but bad dreams? maybe? he's awake, staying in bed just crying for me. If I dont' go in there when I first hear him, he ends up crying and wokring himself up til he is sweating, if i do go in there, most times he'll go right back to bed. But they are multiplying. last night it was 10 times.help

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go pick up a copy of "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. It will help.

Know that a full night's sleep is not in the cards, though...it's ALWAYS something!

Answer by gdiamante at 11:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• contdIts going on 3 months and I am thinking its forming a habit, I just don't know how to break it before that happens.. I worry about him too, this cant be good for his development not getting enough sleep at night.. I really wouldn't mind being able to cuddle with him when or if he's having bad dreams but he's always had so many troubles sleeping and not wanting to go to bed... I don't know what to do .....He is in a big boy bed since right before christmas and he's staying IN bed, but awake for 2-3 hours in bed is still too long for a 2 year old to be awake, especially when he wakes at 5:30 most mornings.. I don't know if I should bring him to a dr to get a sleep study done or if this is a common thing for this age?? Like I said, sleeping has always been an issue for him but this is insane.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2010