Good, Bad, Ugly: Media Attacks Pagans... Really?

First, the good: The Air Force Academy chapel will add a worship area for followers of Earth-centered religions during a dedication ceremony, which is tentatively scheduled to be held at the circle March 10.

The bad: DNR Online, of Harrisburg, VA., put out a rather menacing article about it.

The ugly: DNR Online article got pretty UGLY regarding Pagans.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find who wrote it yet.

Links in reply below.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 11:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• WHAT

A

CROCK!!!

How mocking and condescending can one guy be?  He obviously didn't do ANY research. 

@$$hole

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• wow...thats ugly! its like he didnt even read anything about the AF Academy, but just heard the word Pagan & went off!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• This is something you will have to learn to take with the punches. Catholics are painted as ugly all the time in the media and often the topic of bad conversation. If you allow this to bother you it will become the focus point. I have learned to ignore bashing, correct when I can and let the rest fall to floor. I can't control other's ugly feelings and I won't even try. If it is good, bad or ugly, I focus on my faith and not what others think of my faith.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 12:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• How mocking and condescending can one guy be? He obviously didn't do ANY research.

he has the right to his opinion, even when they don't agree with yours.
    Kattykitten

• Some people hear the word Pagan and start the ASSumptions. I will never forget the time Kathy Lee Gifford called Pagans "Nasty, dirty Pagans" on air once.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• As I said in my journal, I understand he has freedom to speak his mind, but that doesn't make it ok. You can drive a car with your feet, but it doesn't mean you should. And as for "just ignore it", people can only ignore so much. There comes a time when people need to be held accountable for their actions. It's no surprise he didn't post his name on the article.

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I did not say he was right or that I agree with him NightPhoenix.

I guess I have been the victim of Catholic attacks since I was a child, I don't sweat off this anymore. I agree you can only ignore so much of it, on the other hand, I know you can only fight so much of it. I grew up in a strong anti Catholic area. You will not change the mind of others.

I have seen it plenty of times right here on CM with the numerous anti Catholic post. You can only correct so much before you shake the dust and understand some people will never get it. If this guy is right or wrong he has the freedom of his opinion and speaking them, and sorry but I do disagree with you, it is OK for him to speak his opinion even if you strongly disagree. Just as it OK for others to call the Catholic Church the "whore of Babylon" even though I strongly disagree. That's all I was trying to say. You have a good afternoon.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 12:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Thank you for this link. I enjoyed reading it and agree with everythign he says.
    Anonymous

• Katty, I understand what you are saying. But I just don't feel that we should ever give up fighting for what we believe in. I am sorry you also go through religious intolerance. It's so sad that it happens in this day and age.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2010