what to wear to a court house wedding?

Well i was wondering, im getting married in a few weeks at the courthouse but our real wedding is latter on in the year due to my belly bump. so what should i wear ?

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 12:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wore a dress and dh wore a dress shirt, slacks and tie. My stepsons for the most part got a little more dressed up and my son wore dress pants, shirt, vest and tie and my girls wore matching dresses. I didn't want jeans and t-shirt, it's the one and only time I will ever get married. Dh's family came and they wore jeans though, which was fine.

Wear what ya want!
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 12:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I was 4 mo. preg when we got married at the coursthouse. I just wore a really dressy maternity dress.
    Anonymous

• I was 7 months pregnant when I got married at the courthouse- I wore a long white summer dress that happened to have this bow that sat right over my belly. I lucked into finding it.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i wasnt pregnant when i got married at the courthouse.... but i wore jeans and a dressy black shirt. we went out afterwards together. and no one came to our wedding. my sister in law got married at a courthouse with immediate family present, and she wore a short white strapless dress. wear whatever you want. if your man is getting dressed up, get dressed up. if you both dont feel like, then just look nice.
    Anonymous

• I wasn't pregnant for mine, but I just wore a simple black dress that was very ME at the time. I saw other people there dressed up a little (dresses and slacks) and I saw a few wearing jeans. It's really just up to you what you're comfortable in--I don't think there's any tradition or protocol on what one wears at a courthouse wedding. :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Wear what you feel comfortable in. I think that for such an important occasion that you'll want to dress up a bit. A dressy outfit, a jacket and tie for your fiance.

Answer by Bmat at 12:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Wear some cute black pants and a white shirt. Thats what I did.
    Anonymous

• wear what makes you happy. i wore a very nice spring dress to my courthouse wedding
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I WORE BLACK DRESS PANTS AND A WHITE SHIRT.BUT WERE HAVING A WEDDING PARTY IN A FEW WEEKS AND I ORDERED A WHITE DRESS ...ALMOST LIKE A WHITE COCKTAIL DRESS .....TARGET HAS GREAT WHITE DRESSES IN THERE MATERNITY SECTION ,CHECK ONLINE!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• We had a private JP ceremony, although it was at our house and not at a courthouse. I wore a brown dress that looked nice.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2010