I don't get it--a question about homosexuality? and prayer to change it??

There is the presentation I wanted to go to because I don't understand the idea of it all---here is a description---an on going ministry of discipling and training in God's Word for those seeking freedom from a homosexual lifestyle.
I don't get it, if the situation was reversed and they wanted to pray everyone into homosexuals all the praying and teaching would not make, me homosexual, because I am not, thats just me!!!
And I thought that God made us all different, and he wants us to be happy---so why pick on homosexuals??

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 12:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• there are a lot of people that believe that you can pray someone straight

all my gay friends who tried it will tell you it didn't work
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• they think enough prayer can "fix" anything...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Until you have an understanding of WHO God is and His amazing Character and why He made man and woman to become one will you be able to ever understand why God does not honor homosexuality. It is the opposite of what He created and Satan has been the one to pervert that.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It really doesnt matter what people believe in or if they think homosexuality is right or wrong, it is what it is, people love who they love, no one knows for sure if it is biological, physiological, or psychological but if someone is gay and happy being gay I am quite sure all the praying in the world cant convert them, and even if they were to stop having gay relationships I think it will always be in their heart.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 12:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i dont understand this---- how ppl think they KNOw what god wants from the person (the gay person) MAYBE being gay will lead them to their purpose in life.... arent all gods children equal. didnt he create them as they were meant to be.... where do people get the idea they have the right to change people?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• God destroyed two entire cities, Sodom and Gamora, because they were practicing homosexuality as well as other deviant acts. This is where the term sodomy comes from. God made us unique, but he does not makes us homosexuals. That is a deviant behavior one chooses.
    Anonymous

• If saying people CHOOSE to to be gay, then that means straight people CHOSE to be straight. So that also means, they WERE INDEED gay, but decided to go with the flow and be straight. Sounds stupid right? So does the notion that one CHOOSES to be gay. Like, we woke up one day and said to ourselves: "Hey, I think I'll start liking guys/girls today. That straight business is getting boring." See how stupid that sounds too? Because it IS stupid.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• sigh of love suffering, the same sanctimonious religious bigots here talking about biblical stuff, ibet you all are wearing something polyester or have, eating shellffish or shrimp, etc. which means you ALL are supposed to be stoned to death to make itright with god.

but you all forget that stuff when you use religion as an excuse to be bigots
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• you cannot PRAY away homosexuality. its not a disease to be cured or fixed as much as many religions would like to think so. someone who says prayer "cured" them is 1)self delusional and 2)just practicing ABSTINENCE.

being gay is being gay, like the sky is blue or someone being straight.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• all sin is equal in gods eyes murder, lies, stealing, cheating, being gay, etc.. god gives you free will to change if you want to.. no one should pick on you because we all fall short of gods glory.. yes god wants us to be happy, but we must try to follow his rules.
    but yes you can pray over anything,but unless you have the will to change it , it just won't happen
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2010