why cant you dye your hair when your pregnant?

i know we cant dye our hair while pregnant and i want to know why? i know a girl that dyed her hair alot when she was pregnant and nothing happend with her baby, i'm not saying i am even though i want to. i'm just wondering why.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the ammonia in the dye is bad for you to breathe.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 12:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I googled, and from what I can find, it is probably OK. But "probably" would be enough for me not to. One of the articles said perhaps a semi-permanent dye. Ask your doctor. She'll have the latest findings on this.

Answer by Bmat at 12:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Yes you can dye your hair. Now if you want to spend a little more money and time. Find a good organic/natural hair salon. Where i live there are tons of them that use hair dye that does not smell, isnt bad for the environment and for you to breathe in. But thats on you if u wanna do that. I would but i just dont have time since the salon is in seattle and im a hour away.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• From what I know it is safe, you should put cotton in your ears, the danger of the dye is when it gets into your ears, so I have been told.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 12:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• you can dye your hair. dye away!
    Anonymous

• You can dye your hair whey you are pregnant. But you need to make sure you are in a well ventilate room. The ammonia in the dye is not good to breath in.

Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• use organic dyes. they smell so good.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• the fumes are a problem and the chemicals react differently when your preggo sometimes too
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 8:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I was told that you can but just to avoid it in the first trimester.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2010