Any One Had A Child & Youre A Diebetic Before Getting Prego ??

im prego and ppl say if your a diebetic before preganacy that youre baby will come out huge .. is that true ?? if you have diebities and had a child please tell me your storys threw pregancy and how much your child weighed when you had him or her ..

Thanks , This is my First Pregancy && im Still Learning .

shawnanapier

Asked by shawnanapier at 12:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. And my son was 9lbs. 2ozs. Not as big as I imagined seeing as I'm almost 5'8 " and DH is 6'4". LOL I had him at 39 weeks. The reason diabetics tend to have big babies is USUALLY because of lack of control of their blood sugars. Are you on a pump? You can PM if you'd like.

LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 1:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I'm not diabetic, but I had a huge baby - 9 pounds 5 ounces. Don't worry about it. If you've never experienced anything else you won't know the difference between a 6 pounder and a 9 pounder. You'll do fine! : )
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 1:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I was a diabetic before I got pregnant, and yes my baby was big 11 lbs. 2oz. I had a C-section, and Lyte684 is right, it was because I didn't control my sugars that good, still my Dd is 3 years old now she is very healthy, tall and skinny, no one believes me that she was born so big, as soon as she was born at her two week check up, she was weighting 9 lbs. (and she was drinking her milk every 3 hours) so good luck and please control your sugars (don't be like me :-)
    cholita1978

Answer by cholita1978 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2010