have you ever slept in and got there late?

Ok so today i had a little nap, my preschooler gets out of school at 10:45 and i woke up from my nap at 10:46.When i woke up i was freaking out i started panting and screaming at my litttle 2 yr old to wake up and she got scared i didnt know what else to do i felt like the world was gonna end it's a horrrible feeling. By the way the school is about 2 minutes away walking and about 10 seconds driving i felt like the worst mother in the world EVER!!! when i got there their was still alot of people waiting in there cars, so i felt a little bit of relief. Everybody was calm exept for me i was like the crazy mother picking up her child, i got there at 10:48 i always get there before the bell rings but "oh my god!" i felt SO SO bad just wondering if this has happened to anyone before? ( no more naps NEVER EVER!!!) this experience will haunt me forever i'm never gonna take another nap!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yes it happens just set an alarm next time..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Don't be so hard on yourself! We've all been the late one. It happens, you're human.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• wow dont be so hard on yourself!i had forgotten one day that mine was supposed to get out at 10:30 for parent teacher conferences that began at 11.....i got there at 11! i thought i would die!! but luckily she wasnt the only that got left behind lol. just set an alarm and you will be ok!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• thank yall sooooo much for your response :) i feel better now
    Anonymous

• It happens. Since it's preschool, I'm guessing it's at a day care or a school facility where other kids go full time. So if you get there late, they may charge you, but they aren't going to leave the child on his/her own. Even at my day care, they close at 6:30 but if I am a few minutes late, they wait. They have fees for that, but they have procedures too. If you end up running too late, give them a call as soon as you know so they have a heads up.
    Anonymous

• been there.

but it was for my older dd's last year - the school put on all the calendars NOON dismissal for some of those days they get out early for christmas or whatever. well I took NOON dismissal to mean NOON. turns out it was 11:30. but when I got that call from the office and raced to school panicked....there was usually a lineup of kids who's moms 'forgot'. i felt like the worst mom ever.

this year thankfully they've put 11:30 dismissal on all the calendars.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2010