So, do you think we lack politeness on here?

Seriously, what is the psycholgical excuse that we use on here to allow rudeness to continue? Why is it allowed to be "straight-forward" or blunt on the internet, yet most of us would not do that in real life?
I know I lack social skills, but I would not talk to others on here the same way I have seen some people do.
I really have a problem with social skills, so forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't it basic manners to be polite in your notes to one another?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Certain questions warrant polite answers. Questions asked in a rude way will get rude responses. People who answer normal questions in a rude way are just kind of bitchy.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• yes, and regardless i try to be polite, and i just skip questions that i have nothing good to say. That is how i am in real life and just because i am behind a computer screen and can be incognito doesn't give me the right to throw that to the side and let my megabitch side come out. It's just easier for people who are bullies in general beat down others when they aren't face to face. Must help them sleep better at night. I dunno.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Because the sdmin is allowing it. I had someone impersonate me with anon under my anon question, and they refused to remove it. So I knew who the girl was and blocked her myself. The audacity to make someone slander me with false pretenses is just absolutely ridiculous and gueess what I am under my real profile name because it is not fair.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• people dont have the balls in real life, so they can say what they want online. like i dont know how many times i would think those certain kinds of thoughts in real life, but never said anything.
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Lack politeness.....................is certainly the polite way to put it. So, it seems that you aren't lacking it, my dear! :)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I think society in general is lacking politeness and basic manners, too.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I am just as blunt andt direct to real people...

Answer by rkoloms at 4:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2010