Does anyone know what the law is on when one should get there W-2's?

My DH quit his job last October and they took forever to give him his last paycheck. Now, he still hasn't received his W-2. I thought everyone is supposed to have it by the end of January. Am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• They have to be made available to you by January 31st. The law does NOT require they be mailed to you, so a company must have them available to you either by distribution in house or postmarked by January 31st each year.
    Anonymous

• The IRS extended the deadline this year to Feb 15th as the date to have them available by.
    Anonymous

• Companies have until Feb 15th to either mail or make your W-2 Available. If they choose not to mail it you have to be able to walk in and pick it up by that date. You should call them to find out what is going on, it may be waiting there for him to pick up.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Just keep in mind that they have to be postmarked by February 15th, and not necessarily in your mail box on that date.
    I think that sucks that they are taking their time in getting them too you. I hope they arrive soon!
    Anonymous