Is there a good diet and excerciseplan for a mom who's 100% breastfeeding?

My son is gonna be 2 months old but I am ready to start shedding some weight!! I am 5' 5'' and weigh 197 but that was my weight when I found I was pregnant with my son. I really want to be healthier because I also have a 3 yr old and 19 month old.

Angels_mom1020

Asked by Angels_mom1020 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• weight watchers does a plan for breastfeeding moms
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• clean eating and working out is the best option.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I was on Weight Watchers when I was breastfeeding and it was wonderful! I lost 45 pounds in about 5 months, felt great, and never had a problems with my milk supply.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Eat healthy. I to am breastfeeding and recently HAD to change how I eat. Eat lots of veggies and fruits. Try not to eat after 6p.m (at the latest). If you need a snack, fruit or veggies. Eat whole grains, drink lots of water.

My mom has lost over 100lbs by walking 6 miles a week and eating like the above. It took her two years but that she has kept the weight off for a year now. Remember to keep your calories at the recommended amount for breastfeeding just choice healthier eating habits.

Oh in about two week times, bu just changing my diet and doing alittle exercise I lost about 5 pounds and about 2inches from my waist.

Good luck.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 9:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2010