organizing art supplies (pens, markers, paper)

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! I'm clearing out my art room and am trying to inventory and organize my art supplies. My interests/hobbies are:
- acrylic painting (how do I organize my paints? and brushes? -- by size?) -- have got the canvas pretty much under control
- calligraphy/lettering (how do organize markers: chisel, brush, other/regular? -- by color or type?
- simple scrapbooking (although I use my other supplies for this)
Also, how do I organize my paper? by type (wt., texture) or color?

thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• little bins and baskets. I know michaels has tons of different organizing stuff. There are little trays that are stackable for different kinds of paper. They probably have racks to hang your tubes of paint too. You can get little bins and baskets for pens, markers and brushes at the dollar store.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I purchased a spinning rack that has tons of slots for my acrylics. I also have those shoe box size plastic bins for my "other paints". I have found it very useful to have pegboard on the walls with different attachments to hold a variety of different things. Peg board doesn't sound pretty but since you are creative, you can paint it any color you like. I have used the plastic bins and old coffee cans (with holes punched in) hanging from the pegboard hooks. I usually arrange things by color so that there is no need to hunt around. I arrange my paint brushes in oversized coffee cups and tall jars; markers in glass jars so you can see through it. Just root around your home or your friends and look in their recycling bin or garage sale castoffs. I use a bin that goes under the bed for my papers because I don't use them often. Bins with lids help to protect your materials so that odors and moisture don't get to them.

Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 8:41 AM on Feb. 18, 2010