What could this be? Could it be nothing?

The past few days my oldest had been complaining that she needs to throw up, but never does. She has not been running a fever either. Today her school called me & said that she looked ghost white & started shaking. So I picked her up & am waiting for her doctors office to call me back to set up a appointment. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Kids' Health

• We have all had a rather strange stomach bug and it started EXACTLY like this. Soon after the pale, upset stomach phase you get REALLY hungry. Then comes profuse vomiting for about 8-10 hours (here it was every 15-20 minutes.) During the vomiting stage you have an inquenchable thirst. No fevers along with this bug...but it took about a full week for all of us to want to look at food. We could drink, but had NO appetite.
    VTHaven

Answer by VTHaven at 8:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• ulcer
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• She probably has a bug and just isn't throwing up. Not everyone vomits with the flu-type bugs. Could also be a number of other things. Any fever or tenderness in her lower right belly?
    Anonymous

• Low blood sugar? Maybe she is getting dizzy and nauseous and equates that with a feeling of needing to throw up? Just a thought- I hope you get to the bottom of it. Does she eat breakfast everyday? Is she skipping lunch at school or anything?
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Could she be having anxiety over something? Being worried can sometimes make me feel sick to my stomach.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 7:02 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• When my blood sugar drops & I get nauseous, shaky, pale, hot,
    try giving her some OJ
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2010