I need a schedule for my toddler now that I'm SAHM

I recently quit my job to go back to school full-time. I am home with my 2 y.o. DS during the day (classes in the evenings). The problem is that I'm really struggling with how to fill my time. Being a SAHM isn't what I thought it would be. Frankly, I'm bored and not stimulated like I was when I was working and I find myself getting bored and depressed very quickly. So do you have a daily or weekly schedule you can offer that includes daily activities (lunch, coloring, snacks) and play groups or other outside the house activities? Please keep in mind that I live in IN, so it's cold here right now (no parks or swimming).

SherriPie

Asked by SherriPie at 1:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In the morning I study and let her color and play with her toys. Then it's lunch, naptime for her and either cleaning, reading or tv time for me. Then when she's up we do our errands, go see a friend, then we're home by 4 to start some dinner.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I don't know how much I could help bc I have never been to IN to know what it is like there...But you could try looking at preschool sites. There are tons of ideas on them you can do with your son. Get a big calendar and pick things each week that you would like to do. You can always take him to the library for story time for a change of pace. So you could do breakfast, then clean up time, play with toys, do a specific activity, lunch, movie time before or after nap, include going out to the library, stay in and act out story books together. You can always find little activities that you can get him set up with and you can leave him to it while you get other things done around the house before you have to go to class. Oh is there a gymboree or something close to you. You could do that to get out of the house too.Here are some sites: http://www.toddlertoddler.com/ http://www.preschoolrainbow.org/presch freekidcrafts.com
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 1:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• a couple of us started our own little mommy group. on thursday evenings we take turns and go to eachothers house. this works because all our hub's are working the same shift. we all have little ones, mine is the oldest at 3. my dd used to do dance thursday mornings, and it was great, except we are moving, so i pulled her out. on tuesdays we go to the mall and play in the indoor play area. we are in alabama, so the weather isnt too bad, and when its nice we take our dog to the dog park on fridays.
    as for cleaning, mondays i do a quick clean through the entire house, then tuesday i do the master, weds i do dds room and bathroom, thursday i clean the living/dining area, and fridays i clean the kitchen. sundays i do laundry.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• There's a group called Mothers of Preschoolers (google MOPS) that I went to when my older kids were younger. We have indoor playgrounds at our malls, and our City Parks and Rec has one as well. The library has story hours for various ages. Your City Parks and Rec might have other activities for 2 year olds as well - possibly some Mommy & Me classes, or a gymnastics class to burn off some energy, or a swimming class at a local indoor pool. I try to plan something "fun" for my son everyday, whether it's a Pilates class for me (fun for me and him, since he gets to play with the other kids), storytime at the library, or a trip to the mall.

Answer by missanc at 4:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2010