can you have a c-section by choice?

Hi I was just wondering if you could have a c-section by choice?? i had a really bad experience with my natural birth with my 1st son! i was in labor for 4 days!!! YES looong 4 days!! so i was just wondering if i can have a choice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I chose to have one for my third. My second was breech, so I had one for her. It was so much easier than going through labor, I elected to have another. I'm glad I did. The recovery is about the same without all the stress of labor. Good luck.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• it depends on your ob
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I agree, though I do not know that I would ever "choose" to have one....the recovery is a BeeeOtch!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It really depends on your doctor.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Only if you're pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I think you may have a hard time finding a doctor that will do an elective c section, but it's definitely possible. I had a mandatory scheduled c section, and personally, mine went great. The healing was nothing compared to how everyone described it, and I felt hardly any pain throughout the entire procedure or healing. However, I think I may have just gotten lucky, because not everyone describes it as I do. Then again, all of the doctors and nurses said that i was just pretty tough, lol. I was walking around 10 hours after the surgery.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Yes it all depends on your DR. My SIL did and she thought it would be so much easlier they being in labor for a few hours(that is what it is for her) She sure found out that 6 weeks of pain is so not worth it. She would rather go through labor before ever doing that again.
    Anonymous

• You can, but it's stupid and irresponsible.
    Anonymous

• you could but i wouldn't recommend it.
    Every pregnancy and delivery is different. just because you were in labor for 4 days this time doesn't mean that will happen again. My mom was in labor with me for 6 days! but with her first two and her last one she was only in labor your expected 10-20 hours.

Please look up all the risks of a c-section before you decide if you want one. I think you will find that in most cases the risks far outweigh the benefits.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i would not trust any doctor who would do a c-section by choice. i would wonder what other risky things he might do to me or my baby.

i'm so sorry about your bad experience. i suggest you read "ina may's guide", "pushed" by jennifer block, if you haven't already. especially pushed!

gl!
    Anonymous