what does it mean when a father don't want to help out with his son

every single time i ask him to do some thing and it condisers the baby he always makes a big deal oh i don't know how , im tired can you and so on

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that he is insecure and afraid
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It means he's lazy....... I'm not exactly sure what kind of answer you're looking for....... Are you looking for ways to get him to help? Don't ASK. It's his child too. Tell him to 'feed the baby'. Or 'change his diaper'. Don't give him a choice.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It could mean any number of things. It could mean that he is a selfish boob who thinks of no one but himself. It could be that he's never been around a baby and has no clue what do to for one, much less how to go about doing it. It could mean that when he's tried to do new things before, he has been criticized and made to feel like a boob so he is not about to risk being belittled again. It could mean that his help is being demanded rather than graciously being asked for. It could mean that he doesn't want the responsibility of being a dad and caring for an infant. It could mean that he thinks since you were the one who wanted a baby, you should be the one who should have to take care of it. I don't know him, so I have no idea which one is the correct answer or whether in fact any of them is. All I can tell you for sure is that my hubby had experienced all of the above, and when we had our first, he became the best dad
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It means he's a MAN!!! My husband has changed maybe three pee diapers...and we have three kids. He has never given them a bath or anything. He will watch the boys while me and the youngest go to the store...but that's only because they stay up in there rooms playing vidio games. Men are raised to see the kids as the mommies problem.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It means the father is lazy and doesn't want to help with his kids.
    Anonymous

• Totally disagree with GotToHaveFaith. That's YOUR man. Not ALL MEN.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• that he's lazy
    Anonymous

• I TOTALLY disagree with GotToHaveFaith too. Not all MEN are raised that way and if someone is raised that way hes a child not a MAN. My husband will watch our kids and our soon to be son when hes born. He cant wait! He loves his kids and the newborn phase. He will also bathe him and change his diaper and clothes.

OP if he isnt willing to do it, it can be a number of reasons. Why dont you sit down and talk nicely with him and ask? Dont say words that will cause him to get mad. Men hate it when you point the finger at them, they get all defensive and crap.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 3:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It means that he changed his mind about wanting to have a child with you.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2010