ADHD doesn't exist?

If ADHA doesn't exist then why do all of these board certified Doctors keep diagnosing it? I mean they went to college for ump-teen years to what? make crap up? Really think so? Why? On what basis?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Only to "know-it-all" people who have no basis to make those comments. MY sil is a perfect example. I got gestational diabetes while pregnant- she said "oh god, whatever - that's not even a real thing" ( until she got it with her last pregnancy ) Then When my son was born he had colic for 5 months - SIL: "Oh whatever, colic is not real, you guys just don't know how to take care of a baby" My son turns 1 - he has lactose intolerance and food allergies SIL: " oh, God, I'm sure.. they probably don't want him to have ice cream is all" ( until her daughter was lactose intolerant at age 1 - they are only a year apart ) I have depression and anxiety- which according to her and my husbands whole family is "made up excuses" - some people no matter what will not be open minded or understanding until and unless something happens to them...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Who said? There's always somebody some where that wants to say things "dont exsist"...you can find people who say the Holocaust didn't happen!
    Anonymous

• To take over the world.
    Anonymous

• Hmm...I wonder id Dyslexia and Autism are myths to.
    Anonymous

• I think it exists but is rarer than it is diagnosed.I know of several kids given drugs for fidgeting in class.They had no symptoms at home,but gave the kids drugs anyway
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• ADHD does exist but is over diagnosed. There are many other causes for symptoms that are rarely ruled out like food sensitivities. Most often boys are put on meds for being boys. If your child doesn't fit into the cookie cutter mold, teachers want them medicated. Diagnosing ADHD is not an exact science. There are several different screening evaluations that are used. These are supposed to be filled out by the parents & teachers so you are getting several opinions. Treating it isn't a science either. It's more of try this drug maybe add this drug until there is a working cocktail that turns your child into "normal" (whatever that is).
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2010