When should I get a walker?

he 4 months now i just want to know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• so get one. I put my kids in one the minute the could hold thier head up. Just put blankets around him so he stays upright.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 2:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• no walker,saucer
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Whenever you feel like it or have the money.
    Anonymous

• Never. Those things are dangerous, bad for hip development, encourage toe walking, and make babies way too mobile too soon and that spells trouble. Further more, if you have to prop a baby to use it or another baby center then they are too small and it is going to put way too much pressure on their developing spine. If you insist on using one, make sure the baby can at least sit up and doesn't need propping.

Put the baby on the floor and let them explore. It is free and they find it FASCINATING.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Lots of poles and professionals don't recommend walkers. Saucers or bouncers are better.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• never.

go for a saucer, or even a jumperoo thingy.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• She's probably ready for one now. There is nothing wrong with them as long as you don't use them by stairs (duh!).
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• We never got my son a walker. He got a bouncer and loved it. He would go to town in it, just bouncing away and laughing.
    Anonymous

• walkers are not as good as an exercauser. It teaches a child to walk leaning forward and can be dangerous. I put mine in an exercauser around 4 months. She loved it. I jsut put a pillow in behind her so she didn't bounce around so much.
    Anonymous

• you know, i NEVER heard that a walker wasn't safe until i got on this site, and i'm starting to wonder why it isn't plastered on the news or anything? they should let people know if it isn't safe!
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 2:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2010