Do you always have a 3 items on your plate breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Ex: for dinner Meat,veggies or whatever sides you'd like with a slice of bread or whatever. With a soda :(

Sometimes we'll change it out with other foods but this is the most common dish for us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Always for dinner (Although I'm not sure why haha) but whatever for breakfast & lunch :)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 2:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• dinner always has a meat, veg and starch with milk to drink.

breakfast and lunch vary though - i make sure that breakfast has some good proteins to keep the kids going til lunch time. and their lunch always has a protein, fruit or vegetable, dairy and something fun as well as water bottle.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It depends on what I'm serving. I try to have a meat, veggie and starch, but if I'm making pasta with meat sauce I often leave out the veggies.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 2:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Breakfast at our house is always cold cereal or oatmeal and nothing else with it. Lunches are something qucik and easy, usually a sandwich and juice. Dinners, we will have the main dish (a piece of meat, chicken, or fish 3 or 4 times a week), one or two veggies, and a bread, pasta, or rice.
    Anonymous

• We are not that predictable. ;)

We eat balanced meals, but sometimes it is a one-dish balanced meal, or sometimes we go really elaborate with several dishes that go together.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Only for dinner. Lunch we usually just have a salad, some soup or a sandwich.......never all three. And breakfast, I rarely even eat breakfast.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I am a really lazy cook; in fact, I hate cooking. That said, it is important to me to feed my family healty and tasty meals that are also frugal. We generally have a one-dish meal, like a stir-fry; often with a salad on the side.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Three things. Breakfast is generally oatmeal, fruit and toast; lunch is soup & salad or sandwich with meat, veggies & bread (all 3 things 1 small package, LOL) and fruit on the side; and supper is a meat, veggie and starch. We don't drink soda here, drinks at meal time are juice, water, milk or tea.
    Anonymous

• I don't eat breakfast and just feed kids cereal for breakfast and they have the option of having fruit with that or with their snack; they are allowed milk with breakfast only.

Lunch they have meat and vegetable and fruit, or sandwich, chips and fruit; with water.

Dinner it's meat, vegetable and a starch like potatoes/rice, or a casserole that hits those food groups; with water.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 9:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• We usually have more than 3 honestly. I often prepare more than 1 vegetable for dinner. Lunch and breakfast usually have 2 fruits. We don't serve sodas.
    Anonymous