I need Sleep help please.......resent

My son who turned 2 in Nov got sick right before his birthday, he was still in a crib at the time but it was converted to a toddler bed, well he got a 12 hour throwing up bug and I was laying on his floor next to him to help him when he puked each time. Ever since then he stopped sleeping through the night. I have never slept with him before this. But now he wakes anywhere from 1 time to many many times. Sometimes I can go in there and just rub his head and tell him to go back to bed, sometimes It takes me having to lay with him to calm him down and will take up to 30 minutes to calm him down. They are not night terrors that he is having but bad dreams? maybe? he's awake, staying in bed just crying for me. If I dont' go in there when I first hear him, he ends up crying and wokring himself up til he is sweating, if i do go in there, most times he'll go right back to bed. But they are multiplying. last night it was 10 times.help

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you start letting him sleep with you, it will last forever. My daughter, who is 5, still comes to get in the bed with me and hubby. As far as your son is concerned, when he starts, you need to go and la him back in bed. Do not talk to him, do not give him water, nothing. Cover him up and leave quickly. The extra stimulation will only give more reasons to wake up. This will let him know that it is time to sleep. Eventually he will get it. I had this problem with my youngest and she knows that when I don't say anything and put her to bed quickly that it is serious. Good luck. I know how hard it is to hear your kid cry.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I can't help you... my daughter is 4 and STILL WON'T SLEEP.
    Ugh.
    But I wanted you to know you're not alone.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 3:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Maybe you could let him sleep with you for awhile. He's only 2..it won't last forever.
    Anonymous

• Do you have a mobile he can start? I would use one and when you go in have him turn it on. Then just try sitting there talking to him. It is hard when you are loosing sleep.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• 5 is not forever silly. It's the people who say, oh they'll be in your bed till high school or whatever that crack me up. I think, if OP, you are ok with cosleeping, then do it. If not, you may look into the no cry sleep soloution. It's a book, and they have a toddler/preschooler version of it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2010