How do you know when you have had a miscarriage?

gagal3

Asked by gagal3 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my SIL just had one and the way that she found out was she had what she thought was her period and then 2 weeks later started bleeding again....she didnt know she was pregnant either..well I dont believe she did...but who knows with her...anyways...she thought it was strange for her to bleed like that so she went to the doc and they told her that she miscarried...alot of times you will have bleeding...cramping just like a period but its different for everyone..if you are concerned call your doc right away.
    Anonymous

• When I had mine, I had painful cramps and lots of blood, especially large clots. I didn't even know I was pregnant, 'cause mine tend to be irregluar, and here I was having a miscarriage at 8 weeks, confirmed by my doc at the time. It was very different from a regular period, which is what prompted me to go to the doc.
    Anonymous

• Im not sure... but I encourage you to go to the doctor and find out. I had a very very faint positive home pg test. With in that week I started to bleed. I never did find out if it was an actual miscarriage or not.

I now have been asked to donate blood platelets and can not because they do not take you if you have had 4 pg. I do not know if that was an actual pg or not.... so to be on the safe side I had to decline. I could have been saving lives if I would have only known to go to the dr and double check.

I feel terribly guilty for not finding out.

Anonymous

• yeah you definitely should go. I know it can be scary, but ignoring it wont go away =)
    When I had my miscarriage I did know I was pregnant, and then I started getting horrible horrible cramps, they were so bad I would wake up screaming in pain in the middle of the night, and there was lots and lots of blood. My miscarriage is not a typical case, usually it is not that bad, but generally there is a lot of pain and a lot of blood with clots. I would definitely get into the doctor just to be sure!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I most often hear people say their miscarriage started with spotting and continued with cramps that got worse. Most definitely talk to your doctor if you feel something is wrong and I wish you the best!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• the cramps are worse almost like labor pains. let me tell you its not the greatest feeling in the world! and you bleed a lot more than you would normally on your period
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Mine were all early term. If I hadn't taken positive pregnancy tests with all of them I might have mistaken them for slightly worse than normal periods.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• well it was a flase alarm.. my doctor said that i was under too much stress and i needed to take it easy... that even though i had my period the wk before i still could have anouther one right behind it until everything got back to normally after the Essure procedure... even though its been almost a yr... thanks everyone for the advise.
    gagal3

Answer by gagal3 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2010