What's an alternative baby shower idea?

I hate being the center of attention but my mom and mom in law want to throw me a baby shower! I have never liked any of the silly baby shower games and I would like to give them other ideas. Do any of you have an idea on how to accomplish this?
I have even considered having it after I deliver so the attention is on the baby not me.

Cupcakekiss

Asked by Cupcakekiss at 2:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you wait until baby is born that will definitely take the focus off of you so maybe try that route. As for game replacers, at my SIL's shower we decorated white onesies with fabric paint and iron on designs, etc. At my shower the guests decorated scrapbook pages so that I would have an album with pages all ready to go, all I had to do was add the pictures- people made pages for her first holidays, etc.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• How about simply having a couples bbq or dinner out.
    Anonymous

• Im just like you..I hate being the center of attention but you know what its nice every once and awhile...you are having a baby...you are giving them a grandchild let them spoil you....if you dont want games tell them that...tell them you want something simple....theres some cute games out there though...Im not a big game person but I loved mad libs....heres the site that I used..its funny and all you do it print them out and the people fill them in..I have all mine and Im keeping them so I can read them to my daughter when she gets older!!

http://www.diva-girl-parties-and-stuff.com/baby-shower-mad-lib.html
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 2:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Hide until after the babies born.....thats what I did with the 2nd baby...."I was simply too tired to deal with it all and told them that I was in hiding and if they tried to do a surprise babys shower I would run away......lol.....they did an after baby shower anyways!!!
    AShleyvpimpin

Answer by AShleyvpimpin at 2:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• you don't have to do games if you don't want.

I threw one for a friend and we did a belly cast for her - with a photographer. then had fancy desserts in a tent in my backyard.

ameet the baby party would be good, have your dh come and he can take some of that focus away from you.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• thats how i am what were doing is having a bbq with family and friends just to hang out and im evening have the cards say you dont have to bring a gift only if you want to you can
    Anonymous

• After our daughter was born, we had a brunch to introduce our new family member to the people we loved (I loath showers)

Answer by rkoloms at 3:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I do want to warn you, though, if you have an after the baby is born shower there is high chance the baby could be infected with a virus, cold, etc. so you'll want to make sure whoever is throwing it is aware that sick ppl need to stay home!
    Anonymous