Do you think texting while your working should be allowed?

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• in moderation
    as long as you are not a bus driver :P
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I don't know but I got chewed out for texting my mom in the middle of a staff meeting ... but the meeting was running late and I needed her to pick my son up before his dad had to leave for class.... so I thought it would be better to text her instead of leaving the meeting to make a call. Obviously, my boss disagreed. I guess it just depends on where you work. LoL
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I suppose it depends on your job, but most likely, no. I think it's ridiculous how addicted everyone is to texting these days, and I think that there are a lot of instances where texting shouldn't be allowed.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I think it's super unprofessional...but I work in healthcare and find it crazy when I see another nurse on her cell phone while doing rounds or passing meds.
    thea11ens

Answer by thea11ens at 2:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I think it depends on what you do for a living.

If you do text it should be for a specific reason... not to just chat with a friend.
    Anonymous

• Would you surf the net, check personal email or sit on CafeMom on company time? I think not. It should only be ok on breaks and lunch.
    Anonymous

• I guess it depends on where you work. But if a person is texting more than they're working, then there's obviously a problem and it shouldn't be allowed anymore.
    Anonymous

• I have never text in my life and I have only used a cell phone a couple times. I think they are very distracting and I couldn't picture trying to drive and talk on one let alone text. I know we got behind a woman who went off the road about four times, went in the wrong lane a few times, and finally we got to a stop light and since she was going straight, we decided to turn. I told my husband I thought she was drunk then when we pulled up next to her I saw she was actually texting. It was really a horrifying experience.
    Anonymous

• To many texting posts today. That was meant for the driving and texting post.
    Anonymous

• I think work should be work, not texting. If you text during breaks or waiting for meeting to start I don't see what the problem would be then, but that's about it.
    Anonymous