i need a quick acne treatment idea

i am pregnant and have been breaking out on my arms and back! I want to tan b/c that is the only thing that seems to work quickly, but i dont want to risk anything. So does anyone know anything else i can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Salt scrub and colloidal silver soap. Just scrub yourself with plain sea salt in the shower every day. Colloidal silver soap is safe for pregnancy and is antibacterial. I use it. It works great.

Tanning while pregnant can cause your skin to darken in weird ways-- some women get spots or blotches all over. Whether it is real sun or sun lamps. Would not risk adding blotchiness to break outs.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Unfortunately because you are pregnant, the chances of any acne treatment working are slim to none. Your hormones are totally out of whack now and generally OTC treatments arent going to do anything because they aren't changing your hormones which is the cause of the problem.
    Anonymous

• def dont tan....you shouldnt when you are pregnant anyways...ask your doc for something safe...you could be breaking out bc of being pregnant
    Anonymous

• witch hazel

Answer by rkoloms at 3:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• go see a dermatologist...I used to break out on my face and it was awful. They prescribed me retin A micro and Benza clin....worked in about 2 weeks and I was free and clear of acne....amazing stuff!!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i promise you this will work and totally safe I was the same way broke out on my back shoulders face everywhere I used apple cider vinegar just apply a little to the areas 5 or 6 times a day I did it 3x a day for 1 week and My acne has not came back on my back or shoulders very much it also resores your ph levels in your skin and rehabilitates your tone.
    cmjones

Answer by cmjones at 5:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My ob prescribed me Clindamycin gel because it's one of the few things that are safe during pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• Honey. I'm not sure exactly how it's used, but I know it works, because honey has a natural antibiotic in it. Try looking it up.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 6:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2010