My 3 year old daughter has a imaginary friend. BUT

My 3 year old has an imaginary friend. She describes this little friend in so much detail. And it is EXACTLY the same everytime she tells me about her.
I wonder if this "friend" is a ghost. What do you think?

becky8of9

Asked by becky8of9 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it very well could be.....did you have anyone in the family that passed away. They could be protecting her....
    Anonymous

• I think it's very possible. My 4 yr old son says that he sees a man in his bedroom and sometimes we'll here him up there talking and there is no one up there with him. I believe that kids can see a lot more than we can when it comes to things like that!
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My father passed away in my house 10 years ago. WHen she was 1 1/2 she said she saw "jesus on the cieling and also saw her Pappy Ben" At this point in her life I never mentioned Jesus or my father. And Pappy Ben was the name my nieces and nephews called him by.
    This friend she says has "Brown hair, brown eyes and wears a horsey shirt with pants. And her bones are stickiing out"
    Her Friends name is "Acky"
    becky8of9

Answer by becky8of9 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• There is no such thing as ghosts.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Oh Gailll, must you always be a downer? Just because you don't believe in spirits or the afterlife doesn't mean that others don't!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Gailll there very much is such a thing as ghosts I don't know what you're babbling about. But I have to say that just because your child can describe an imaginary friend in detail and it be the same thing everytime doesn't necessarily mean they are seeing a ghost it could just be that those are theings that your child likes and remembers easily so they are what her imaginary friend would look like. I myself had imaginary friends who were triplets and my mom to this day thinks it is hilarious that they were named eenie, bikini, and tikini and that they all had pretty blue sundresses with pink flowers and they lived under my bed and I would talk to them at night.
    Anonymous

• I don't know, but I've always thought that this would be scary, lol! I told my husband that if my son ever starts saying anything like that, I'll be scared it's a ghost and that he really IS seeing something. When I was little, we lived way out in the country, in an old house. The landlord's mother actually had a heart attack and died in my room. I was 4 a the time, and of course was never told this, yet I CLEARLY remember seeing an old lady in my room. I remember it as well as I do memories that everyone can verify as happening. My mom said I would be running down the hallway, then suddenly stop, look up and answer "yes" and "no" as if someone was talking to me. There were many very strange things that happened in that house, even to the point to where some of our relatives wouldn't even visit. Makes you wonder...
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I do believe that there are spirits...but I don't know about these "ghosts"...I've always felt they were demonic specters parading themselves as the dearly departed. That's just my perception...I could very well be wrong.

Jeanyus

Answer by Jeanyus at 2:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Her bones are sticking out? Ok, that gave me chills, lol. I'm all alone, which is rare...my mom is watching my son to give me a break...and talking about this stuff is creeping me out, lol!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• my daughter will say there is a bird in her room. only at night. so i asked a couple people about it and they told me it could be a loved one. i swear there is someone who hangs out on our stairs. i think its my hubs dad. he didnt die here, but he has followed us from house to house. he doesnt bother me. i would prefer it was a loved one than a stranger.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2010