Has anyone seen a pattern for a child's knitted hat that goes over the head covering the neck with an opening for the face? Ours were an adorable lion and cat, but a plain one could be changed into an animal.

My mother knitted a lion and a cat animal hat (hood) that goes over the head for my children. They go all the way down over the neck with an opening for the face and are really cute. My daughter has these now, but she has three kids and two hats. The pattern seems to be lost. Has anyone seen anything like this?

tennrose

Asked by tennrose at 2:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• haha! this has been bugging me since you posted! LOL I had no idea what you were talking about but have seen it before so I googled lots of different knit patterns, hats, cowl hats, ski masks and FINALLY got Balaclavas! here's just one http://ninnynoodlenoo.com/content.php?content_id=1019, but if you want more just google Knit Balaclava pattern

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2010