Best sleepsack for baby?

I've noticed that my son sweats A LOT in his polyester sleepsack at night. Is there a better fabric and which brand should I buy?

mynaturalbaby

Asked by mynaturalbaby at 2:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Creating a safe sleeping environment for your baby is important in the first few months of their lives. You're right, polyester doesn't breathe or wick away sweat and isn't the best fabric for your baby to sleep in. Try cotton, or even better, go with merino because it can regulate your baby's temperature and keep him warm when it's cold and cool when it's warm. Merino Kids makes a great sleepsack, and although it's more expensive than polyster, it will prevent sweating and let your baby sleep better at night.
    Anonymous

• Don't put him in one...a cotton sleeper in a temperate room is sufficient.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Brand is unimportant. Just look for sleep sacks or gowns made of less warm fabric like cotton or one that is open at the bottom to let in more air flow.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2010