Got a letter for jury duty

I don't know how to write a letter to be excused. I have one to watch my girls during the day and if I did get a daycare. I would spend money that we do not have. I also just started working at nights watching a child to bring in money with the hope to start getting things back into the positive.

I don't know how to write this letter. Any help would be great. I'm worried I will have to go and have to find daycare and then have to figure out where the money is going to come from or what are we not going to pay for so I can do jury duty.

Help me please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Right after I had my third baby, I got the same letter. I called them and explained my situation, and they took me off due to child care. But it only lasts for 6 months, and most likely at the end of those 6 months, you will get called for jury duty again, and you can't get it out of it that time, just have to hope you don't get called. When I got picked at the end of my 6 months, I ended up not having to go because I was not picked, thankfully. I have not been called since, but I also have moved to a different county.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I was called in for jury duty a couple of months ago. I just checked the box that I wished to be excused and added a little note stating that I was a sahm with four small children and would have much difficulty trying to find someone to watch them. In less than a week I received a letter excusing me.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 2:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• im not sure what ur letter looks like, but the 3 that i have gotten have a phone number on the back to call, and also a sheet to fill out that has things like u are talking about. they wont require u to get a sitter or put ur child in daycare.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I need to send in the attached questionnaire and any request to be excused must be in writing and received within 5 days.
    Anonymous

• I got out of jury duty when I was picked but actually lived out of state. Their system didn't know it. duh hello. It's very very important for you to get that back on time.

Explain your partner's hours or lack of partner's unavailability plus obligation to your night time job. If you go your own children will have no daytime care plus additionally your night time employer will be without an employee to watch their own child.

Be careful if you're paid under the table for your night time sitting though if you are. Could get in trouble saying that.

In that case stress lack of partner help (distance, no contact) and no family members cuz of their own necessary obligations that can not accommodate adding your children to their lives.

But as pp said u'llbe pulled again at least sometime. Where I was pulled from but no longer lived there ws alist of acceptables to check off to be considered for getting off,not kids' care.
    Anonymous

• maybe kids with specific illness as hardship finding other childcare for?
    Anonymous

• I just wrote a simple letter saying I am a Stay at home mom and can not afford child care.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010