Do you think an S/O can be "taken" or "stolen" by another person?

I don't. I think it is a mutual decision by both parties. If an s/o allows him or herself to be seduced, then it was their choice. An s/o is not property.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• (con't) We realized that this guy had, in fact, been literally trying to steal me from my fiance, for the fun of it. He even admitted that was what he was trying to do, later on. I then found out he'd been fucking my sister the entire time he was trying to win me over, but that's a whole different story...
    Anyway, so I really do believe it IS possible for a person to steal someone, but the circumstances have to be pretty outrageous for it to happen. LIke I said, my story is a bit abnormal. All this happened six years ago, and I STILL haven't gotten over it. It really messed with my head. He was SO manipulative that he actually had me questioning whether I was crazy or not, because the things he told me about my fiance just didn't make sense, and yet he was SOOO convincing that I just believed him. I was young and naive, I admit, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen to someone else. All it takes is one psychopath.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it was their choice. If they were seduced then they put themselves in that position to be seduced.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• it can happen. anyone can be better than someone. i let my bf steal me away from my husband.
    Anonymous

• My partners cheated - one can take advantage of a flirt and take it to an emotional affair ending in a physical affair. In that case the flirting can take either a long time or a while to turn emotional and physical.

If you suspect your partner's cheating sigh I recommend you confront them tell them you love yourself most of all and see a lawyer for childsupport and what ever else, even legal aid.
    Anonymous

• I think someone can get a person's attention but the decision to leave one person for another is the final decision of the person leaving not the person with whom they chose to hook up. This is why I encourage wives to show their husbands appreciation. If they don't, there are a ka-zillion women out there who would love to. When men leave a woman, it's not about looks, it's about how other women make men feel. Make your man feel like a king and no one can "steal" him or even lure him away for a while.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

-------
    OP-you are right to a POINT...But what if YOU DO all that? Cook, clean, wash his stinky clothes, take care of his kids, tell him you love him, massage his crusty feet without being asked, get him things JUST BECAUSE, suck his penis without him even having to ask and do a damn good job, support him in every way possible? But he still wants to go "play"? That's him being a dumbass...not because I'm not a good woman.
    Anonymous

• i agree if the other person didnt want to be seduced then it wouldnt happen. i dont think anyone put a gun to their head and said leave your SO to be with me..
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My situation was a bit abnormal, but I was "taken", in a way, from my fiance before I married him later on, by his best friend. His friend was always jealous of my fiance, and when we started dating he made it his mission to "steal me" from him. He lied to my fiance (now my DH) about me, he lied to me about my fiance, and he did everything in his power to break us up and make ME think that he was way better than my fiance. Yes, I allowed myself to be taken in, but it wouldn't have happened had this guy not LIED to us about eachother. My DH and I were BOTH victims in it, and the perpetrator was another man. I was, in effect, stolen. Luckily I realized what was going on early enough to stop it and get the other guy out of both of our lives permanantly. And now we are happily married.
    Anonymous

• Wow, if you would believe the words of a stranger over someone you think you love you don't love them. A person can't be stolen. They make the decision to try if the grass is greener. It's all on their head.
    Anonymous

• I agree, I don't think a person can be stolen. It is not an abduction against the will. Both parties are interested and willing.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 5:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2010