Insomnia has taken over my life... it's like i can not relax.. i definitely can't sleep.. i have tried everythinganyone has ever told me to try and it has not worked yet.. i am 37 weeks today and i will be going to have my c section on feb 18th.. am i supposed to just wait this out and not sleep for 2 weeks?? suggestions please.. going crazy over no sleep....

kjsmom723

Asked by kjsmom723 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not sleeping during the last few weeks of pregnancy is normal. I couldn't sleep because I was stressed and so uncomfortable.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Ask to have your thyroid checked. Pregnant women can have thyroid problems and insomnia is one of the signs.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• it is just nature getting you ready for the next 15 years of your life. think of it as practice. try to relax. now while you can. take a bath, read a book, play video games, and watch movies. you wont ever be able to do these things again. mu ah ha ha ha!
    Anonymous

• I just saw that you are planning a c-section. It's important to make sure you really need the c-section. It's major surgery and it takes weeks or even months to recover. Some women have problems forever after a c-section. You shouldn't get pregnant again until 3 years after this baby is born and shouldn't have more than two c-sections.

These are all recommendations by the World Health Organization. American doctors aren't following the recommendations and we have the highest maternal and infant mortality rates of any modern country in the world.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Aw, im sorry. I had the same thing when I was pregnant with my twin boys. I got more sleep after I had them lol...i would toss and turn all night and MAYBE get a couple hours o sleep, MAYBE. try to take naps during the day. that helped me get in some more sleep; it was at NIGHT that was the problem.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I was like that at the end. AT about 37 wks, I too could not sleep. I was told that taking Tylenol PM was ok. I did that for the last 2 weeks.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• could you possibly get an appointment with a chiropractor? is it discomfort keeping you awake, or what? you don't say.

i agree with gaill btw
    Anonymous

• thank you to all that answered.. @ gailll this is my second one and i am not planning any more children..lol.. getting my tubes tied with this one.. but i am getting another c section bc i keep having visions of my incision popping open during child birth.. so my doc said we would just go the safe route and do another one ... thats why i am having it done.. i had to have it with the first one bc he did not drop at all.. and i was 10 days over he weighed 9 lbs 13 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long.. i guess we're just trying to play it safe...
    kjsmom723

Answer by kjsmom723 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• for some reason i did not see the rest of the answers... lol.. sorry .. but sometimes i will get RLS and then sometimes i am breathing crazy and it drives me insane.. sometimes i just can't get comfortable... every night its different..sometimes it heartburn.. i usually take some tylenol when im hurting and it seems nothing is helping..
    kjsmom723

Answer by kjsmom723 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• "i guess we're just trying to play it safe... "

the thing is that often repeat c-section is the LESS safe option, so our dr isn't really giving you accurate information there. i'm not trying to be judgmental, i just want you to know that repeat c-section is more risky than vbac. =)

RLS can be horrible! best wishes :)
    Anonymous