What's a good time for a party?

For my baby's first birthday we are having an outdoor party and are bbq'ing. I was thinking having the party from 2-4 so that way I can have more time to set up and try to get him to nap before the party, but would 2 be too late for people to have lunch? Because I thought that 2 might be too late to serve lunch, we would do 1-3 but then I'll have less set up time and my son probably won't get much of a nap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd work around nap time and maybe just put on the invites that you will be serving lunch, so come hungry! People can adjust and eat a late breakfast or a snack and should be fine. The most importnat person is your baby, and you want him to be well-rested for his party. GL!
    Anonymous

• work around nap time for sure.

write on the invite that its a BBQ lunch and to come hungry.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i had ours from 2-5. It was perfect.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• 2-4 is usually a non-meal time, but people usually always eat if there is food, regardless of the time. I would work around the nap schedule. It is the child's party, and you want him or her to be happy.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 6:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2010