when a baby kicks?

Im a first time mom and have really no idea what it feels like when the baby kicks. I feel the baby moving and have been able to figure out what that feels like but i just started feeling like a light pounding fron the inside of my stomach. I am 19 weeks and 4 days. is that to early to feel a kick? Ive never felt this before so I have no idea what it is.

happy2bamommy86

Asked by happy2bamommy86 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its like a little flutter not that strong congrats its the best feeling ever :-))

Anonymous

• Some women can feel the baby early-- like 15 weeks or sooner. It depends a lot of where your child is positioned and your placenta position, and how hard the kicks are, your weight, extra fat, etc.

Some people say it feels like popcorn popping, bubbles, gas in the wrong place... so many things.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It feels like a butterfly flittering around. Soon, you will really know.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I think pop corn popping would be the best thing to describe what i felt.
    happy2bamommy86

Answer by happy2bamommy86 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i think it varies a lot. like with my first i just felt like little twitches at first, and that was around 20 weeks. it was around 23 weeks when i started feeling more like what people call kicks, but who knows if it was kicks, elbow jabs, or punches ? :)

now i'm 19 weeks pregnant w/ my 2nd baby, and started feeling "kicks" around 17 weeks. so i definitely don't think 19 weeks is too early.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• everyone says butterfly but i think more like popcorn like prv poster said. its just like a light pop! ive been feeling little kicks early on.but now that im 21 weeks its like bam! (we are also measuring about a week ahead of schedule tho) GL and congrads
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It starts out soft, and pretty soon there will be NO mistaking that it's a kick (or a punch, or a headbutt) You'll know.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 6:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I noticed "flutters" at around 17 weeks, acutally Christmas Day 2007. Then about a month later, I felt "kicks" to the point where you could see bumps through my shirt. It's precious.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2010