How soon after a miscarriage can I try again?

I have two healthy girls and a few weeks before chirstmas I found out I was pregnant so I went into the doctor and they did a pap which has never happend with my other pregnancies but after that I ended up having a miscarriage found out on christamas eve. We wan to try for a little boy again does anyone know how long. I heard I have to wait until I have a period which I have ot yet? Any advice please help

Heather

HeatherG82

Asked by HeatherG82 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It is best to wait 3 months to give you body time to heal and give yourself time to grieve.

Anonymous

• With my first pregnancy I miscarried a few weeks along and was told to wait until I had a normal period to try again. I ended up getting pregnant within a week and have a perfectly healthy son.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 4:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• That depends on YOU, not what we've all experienced. Your body is different, your experience is different. Talk with your OB/GYN and see what is best for you and your body.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I started 3 weeks after my m/cs and made sure it was okay by my ob took about 7 months to get pregnant sorry for your loss i know how you are feeling best wishes to you and the family goodluck ;-)
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 7:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It is better to wait until you've had one full cycle before you start trying again. Your body might just be a little out of wack from the miscarriage. Very sorry for your loss. I've had 4 miscarriages. I know how heartbreaking it is.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 3:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Did you have a D & C? Oh, I have had a pap with 3 of 4 pregnancies. I miscarried March 21, 2002. It was a planned pregnancy just years to early. I was 4 weeks along. I didn't plan on trying again and my dh (we were dating then) had sex exactly a week after my D & C and I got pregnant. I never had a cycle and didn't think anything of it when I didn't. Just assumed my body was messed up from the miscarriage. In May of 02, I found I was pregnant because I started getting sick EVERY day. That little "accident" is now our 7 year old daughter.

I didn't have complications with the pregnancy of anything. When I asked my OBGYN he said that getting pregnant so soon shouldn't have any effect on my pregnancy.

I am so sorry for your lose. But the way I view mine is there was a reason that precious baby was given wings.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 10:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I was told after each miscarriage (three total) my body would know when it was time. I concieved after my first miscarriage about five and half months later (had a healthy baby). I concieved after my second miscarriage just two months later (lost my baby). Finally I concieved after my last miscarriage just a month later (another healthy baby). Trust your body.
    BiloxiDreams

Answer by BiloxiDreams at 9:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Thank you everyone it all helped. I went to my doctor they siad there is nothing they can do they took my blood to confirm I was not pregnant and now I am just waiting for my body to get back to its normal state and start my cycle. To hear that after your miscarriage you guys had normal pregnancies makes me feel better. thanks everyone
    HeatherG82

Answer by HeatherG82 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2010