Is it disrespectful to those who have lost children to post pictures of your stillborn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Disrespectful to who? I have pictures of my baby after he had already died, but I don't post them anywhere. They are far too personal to me, but maybe for some people it is part of their grieving process. If you don't like it, don't look.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• How do you not look when you don't know they are there until you see them? They don't put warnings on their group posts or profile pages.
    Anonymous

• I am just curious why would you want to? I am not trying to be rude just curious. Many people have posted pics of their babies that have passed you would not be the first, if it is done in a tasteful manner I do not see why you should not.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Does it really hurt you that bad? Do you think it's hurts you as bad as the mother who lost her baby? The baby she wants people to know that did exist and was here? Get over yourself.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I am not intending to post any. I don't have any of the child I lost. I was blindsided by someone's signature in a group post - in a group that has nothing to do with loss or ttc.
    Anonymous

• I've never posted mine, I said. They are too private. The whole moment was too private and precious to share with complete strangers, but as I said earlier, people have different grieving processes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Who are you talking to BridgeC140?
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Who are you talking to BridgeC140?

Anyone who is upset by seeing a dead baby with no warning. Apparently we're all supposed to suck it up and deal with it because her loss is more important than anyone else's.
    Anonymous

• lapcounter--when you said "You wouldn't be the first" I thought you were talking to me, so I said again that I've never posted mine. The rest was to anon.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Seeing someone else's loss doesn't make my loss any more painful.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2010