how do I get my 2 1/2 yo potty trained?????

my 2 1/2 yo will sit on the potty chair for hours at a time and not go potty but not even 5 min after i put a diaper on her she will go. she knows she has gone and will tell me....

Tigger11681

Asked by Tigger11681 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• They have potty watches that play a little song and alert your little one it's time to go potty You can set it for fifteen, twenty and thirty minutes. They have the musical potty chairs too. And I got a book for my kids called "once upon a potty". Here's the link to the one for girls.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?r=1&ISBN=9780764127854&ourl=Once-Upon-a-Potty-for-Her/Alona-Frankel&cm_mmc=Google%20Product%20Search-_-Q000000630-_-Once%20Upon%20a%20Potty%20for%20Her-_-9780764127854

I also would blow bubbles. The only place IN the house we could blow bubbles was the bathroom and only when they sat on the potty. When she tries to get up get the bubbles and let her sit and pop or blow them. Keep her somewhat distracted and hopefully she will go for you. Good luck!
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 4:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• no diaper underwear, rewards work great. candy or stickers.. try to learn her pattern. put her in the potty after meals or any drinks. seeif she does soemthing before she pees or poos. like my dd would cross her legs before she peed or hide right before she pooped. i got my dd potty train by 24 mts using this methiod. she was ready at19 mts but i wasnt
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• A child should not sit on a potty chair for hours at a time! That's neglect making a child sit on a potty chair. Some children aren't ready until they are 3. Knowing after she has gone is not the same as knowing before she has to go.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:14 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Sounds like your child is not ready yet.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• You need alot of patience, my Dd will be 3 and she goes pee pee in the potty, but no #2 yet, like Piwife says try to learn her pattern, mine goes in the morning, as soon as she wakes up, after we come from daycare she goes before her bath, and before she goes to bed, I'm still working on the rest of the day :-) like midmornings (on weekends I do that), she knows what she is doing, but the little stinker loves to make me suffer :-) hahha, good luck.
    cholita1978

Answer by cholita1978 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I should have said i do not make her sit there for hours I will ask her if she had potty and she will say no I then ask her if she wants to put a dipper back on and she says no and will sit back on the potty chair.... she likes it.
    Tigger11681

Answer by Tigger11681 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2010