Whats a good stain remover for carpet?

We just moved into a new apmt and the carpet is so light! But of course with a two yr old running arounf accidents do happen,So I was curious on what type of stain remover you ladies use

Samantha2174

Asked by Samantha2174 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Professional reallly is the only thing that works. But...we just bought a mini-steamer for $25 because our dog tends to pee on this expensive rug that I bought for the living room. My MIL said that a steamer will remove the pee and it works! Before that I tried every kind of stain remover and none really worked.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Well, it depends on the stain and how long it's been there. You can scotch guard your carpets so that stains don't set in. I have had success with resolve but for the toughest stains there is a product called TufStuff and it's not widely known about but I have some is it's the most amazing stain remover product out there. It's multi-purpose. It can take out coffee, permanent marker, rust, it even cleans windows streak free and is hand print resistant for two months. The best part about the product is that it's non-toxic. I will add that I have not been paid to say this about this product my praises are from having it and seeing what it can do. If anyone would like the link to the website to buy it, just email me and I can find it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Please send it to my email..sounds great thanks
    Samantha2174

Answer by Samantha2174 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Here ya go, this is the link to the company website where you can buy the product.

Link

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Plain club soda works well without leaving a residue or running the risk of damaging the carpet. Almost all carpet spot cleaners that a non-professional has access too are cheap, chemically, and eventually leave a buildup of stickiness that will ultimately cause it to resoil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• There's a couple different things I use (I have a 2 year old, a 10 month old and a dog). If I just need to spot clean I use the Norwex Carpet Stain Buster - chemical free and works amazingly! Or if I'm shampooing my carpet I put a bit of the Carpet Stain Buster solution in the tank or even the Dishwashing Liquid (I know, it sounds weird but it does work). I use that instead of the regular shampoo because it works better, leaves my carpets nice and soft and gets rid of the deep dirt. Not to mention my kids are no longer crawling on chemicals.

CynCity1985

Answer by CynCity1985 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2010