Anyone have food stamps?!

I currently have food stamps because im unemployed, I need to change my address but I don't know what all I need to give them in order to change it. Im not renting at the moment and dont have a lease agreement, Im staying with a relative atm. Should I bring a written statement from that person and some of my mail? If anyone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Its really important I do this, Im trying to get HUD/Section 8 so I can go to school and thats the only way I can do it since Im having a hard time findind a job and cant stay here forever with my son. ( if you dont have anything nice to say please dont say anything at all, we are all going through hard times and this is just a temporary thing )

krisholl2285

Asked by krisholl2285 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• Call DSS and ask them what information they need to see your address change.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• you will need some sort of bill that is sent there... cell phone, credit card...
    do you have anything like that?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• You may want to check into the rules on section 8 apartments and going to college. You may not be allowed to live in section 8 apartments and go to college except under certain circumstances. We lived in section 8 apartments near a university and college students couldn't live there. You would thing they would want you to go to college so you could make more money but they don't want section 8 apartments turning into student housing.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Call your caseworker they should be able to tell you what you need to change everything.
    Anonymous