If you get food stamps, how much do you get a month?

Do you or your S/O work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• 100
    Anonymous

• 500 we are in colege
    Anonymous

• I get $791. My S/O works full time and I'm a SAHM to 3.
    Anonymous

• If you are disable and on SSI you get $10 a month. SSI is around $670 a month. You are supposed to support yourself on $670 a month and eat $10 worth of food. You do get Medicaid so when you get sick from not eating your hospital bills are paid.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• We get $391. DH works and is in school full time. Gradution is just around the corner! We decided to go the food stamps route because we'd need help paying for child care if I went back to work, and we'd easily need more than that for childcare assistance.
    Anonymous

• I work fulltime. I have one son and no husband or support. I get $88.00 a month.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• we get 23 a month only my hubby works and both my kids get ssi
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 5:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

Not trying to be rude but if you CHOOSE to be a SAHM then you should be able to afford it.
    I understand special circumstances but in general we shouldnt have to buy food because you want to be home with your kids.
    Anonymous

lol there are a ton of these jokers on this site!
    Anonymous

• who eats 791 dollars a month in food? You would have to be a family of fattys. This is what the government wants though and you are only feeding into them. The rich will keep getting rich and the poor will stay poor and teach the kids how to be poor and it will be their way of life. You will never get ahead.
    Anonymous