Do you know anyone or did you pay for your own baby shower??

My friend is pregnant w her 2nd and her cousin planned on having a shower for her. Turns out the cousin is asking the father of the baby to pay for it. All of it. I told my friend that the parents never pay for their own shower. If that's the case they can just go buy their own stuff right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• umm i have never heard of the expecting couple paying thatst weird.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I know! thats what I told her lol
    Anonymous

• my question is... how is she doing the party agian? if she aint apying for anything?
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I've never heard of that - that's why other people do it, so the new parents don't have to pay for it!

Answer by missanc at 4:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Soo .. Her cousin isn't really throwing her the shower then? She just wants credit for the idea without actually putting forth the money to do so? Sounds like that cousin needs to be taken out of first chair of the baby shower.
    My mom and I threw me a baby shower for both of my children. We paid for everything together.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• the expecting parents never plan/pay for their own shower. A shower is a gift from some one if they CHOOSE to give a shower for some one. I hate to say this, but an expecting couple should never just assume that they get a baby shower either. (especially with their second baby.) It is rude to throw your own, you are basically just asking for gifts.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I threw my own with my first because no one stepped up to give me one.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2010