my 5 month old?????

I have a 5 month old who hates being on his stomach. Anyone have any ideas of how I may get him to like belly time? I've tryed puttin toys in front of him, and laying him on a pillow with toys. All he does is throw his head down and cry. What do I do????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you for one have to pick a time baby is happiest just after a bottle wouldnt be one of those times..does your baby sleep on their belly? have they rolled over yet? my sons 4 months and sleeps on his belly and has rolled over 6 times belly to back and doesnt always like tummy time but if you pick the right time of day gets really into it he's very strong trying to sit up by himself also
    Anonymous

• keep at it, and dont worry about it. even if you only do it for 2 minutes here and there. it isnt as serious as everyone makes it out to be. eventually you will try to do tummy time and he will just roll right back on to his back. you could also try laying him across your legs on his belly. that too will help exercise his neck muscles... and not make him so upset. good luck.
    Anonymous

• Tummy time was invented with the Back to Sleep campaign. Some babies were spending more than half their lives on their backs or in seats. Their heads were getting flat and they had abnormal development.

If you use a sling, carry your baby, hold your baby on your lap, hold your baby while baby naps, and do things that keeps the baby off it's back then tummy time isn't necessary.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i had this problem. My son is 6 months now but he was like that. i got down with him at face level. let him touch my face. after he got used to it I layed beside him and he started rolling over to get me.
    JacksMommy2008

Answer by JacksMommy2008 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Be persistant. My daughter hated belly time until she finally figured out how to hold her head up. I used to keep her on her belly for five or ten minutes with toys around her and then I'd put her on her back with one of the musical toys she could play with. I'd rotate her and when she finally figured out how to hold her head up she was fine. Soon after she figured out how to hold her head up she was rolling herself over and playing by herself cruising all over the floor by rolling wherever she wanted to go. Don't get too discouraged. My daughter hated to be on her belly close to a month before she finally warmed up to the possibilities it held! GL!
    sallygrl02

Answer by sallygrl02 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2010