could I be getting my hopes up???

My daughter turned 3 in december and had refused to go to the potty for the last year and then yesterday I decided i wanted her trained by april (were taking a trip) I started about 3pm yesterday and now 24 hours has passed and she has had only one accident early this morning (besides nighttime) Could this be it or Is it way to soon to tell she has actually started telling me most of today i havent had to put her on the timed schedule.

cmjones

Asked by cmjones at 5:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• This sounds very promising. * fingers crossed * Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 5:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Thanks I hope so too she just had a poo accident but she had me take her to the potty to pee just min before she did it but that is expected. I hope mastering poo and night time isnt so hard. I thought about leaving her in panties tonight but dont have many towles and sheets for her bed and dont know how to approach night time potty training.
    cmjones

Answer by cmjones at 5:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I agree, it does sound promising. I do believe it is all about the timing, whether they are ready or not. If they are ready it will just click. As far as nighttime, my son has been fully potty trained since May. In December we just stopped wearing pullups to bed. We actually called them nighttime underwear. He hardly ever wet the bed at night. He has had 2 accidents at night since we quite with the pullups. Some kids take longer than others at night time. i wouldn't push that yet, just worry about the daytime.
    Anonymous