Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am taking my nephew (8) (i am his legal gaurdian) to a psychologist for some counseling... how do i explain it - or tell him - talk to him about it??

he is very sad and has some anger in there - and has really been through a lot.. he definately needs this. but he is sensitive and i am not sure what to tell him when we go...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (3)
  • My son who is 7 goes to a therapist and I just told him that she is a friend of mommies and she is like a coach to help you. The therapist will talk with him.. He loves it it's his time to play games , draw with her. They make it fun for the kids.. My son goes because he had ADHD and he puts a lot of pressure on himself and she helps him better then we can. She also helps him understand that when you start things you need to follow through with them and finish them.
    good luck

    Answer by andersonboys3 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

  • try telling him that you are taking him to a special person to talk to.

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

  • I told my son that I was taking him to someone that would be there for just him. Someone that will help him feel better.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.