Have you ever felt like this?

This is going to sound so horrible I know, but I have really been thinking about sleeping with someone else beside my SO, we're not married, we've been together going on 2 years and we have a son together.. But I'm starting to feel like he's not giving me what I need emotionally. I've caught myself thinking about other people and wondering if maybe sleeping with someone else would make me realize either he is the one I want or there is something else out there that I need to go after.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I know how you feel. My husband has cheated on me three times. Sometimes I think that give me a reason to me loose. I have never done cheated...but I think about it. For some reason I think that if I cheat, that I will feel better about him doing it. But I know that's not the case. If you cheat, it will end your relationship because you will become distant...cause sex with someone else will be more exciting. But that only last for a short while. If you want to see if there is someone else out there, then take a break...but don't stoop down to his level. We are women and we're better then that.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 9:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Don't do it. What you're feeling is normal, but don't act on it, whatever you do. It will only make things worse. Talk to your guy about how you're feeling and work together to come up with a solution. Don't cheat. That's your son's father. You want your son to grow up respecting you and respecting women. If he loses his dad because you cheated, he will grow up resenting you and thinking all women are like that. I'm not judging you, I'm just giving you the best possible advice that I know of. Maintain your dignity, you will feel worse about yourself than you could ever imagine if you cheat, whether you want to admit it or not. Good luck, and I hope you make the right decision.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• thanks, i think i feel this way because he has cheated on me several times, and i guess i want to know if there's anything better out there, i've never cheated before and i really don't want to. i guess i'll just talk with him and see where it goes. thanks so much again
    Anonymous

• I'd tell SO that I'm not getting my needs met and that he needs to step up to the plate. If he doesn't listen or care then go for it. I believe in warning people and even asking him how he thinks I should get those needs met. I just tell my SO that he's slacking and it gets his attention.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• p.s. Personally, I don't think it's cheating since you are not married.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• If you are thinking about other people, and he has cheated on you before, then tell him that you want/need a break to get your thoughts and feelings dealt with. It may do you BOTH some good - he'll realize that you CAN walk away from him and maybe that'll get HIS head on straight about being faithful, and you 'll get to decide what you really, truly want. GL.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 5:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Well he isnt your husband.... but in my mind if he is the father of your child and you are living as if you were married, then it is just as wrong.

It is a pretty crappy way to deal with an issue. If you think you are having problems... then deal with him directly. If you can not fix the problem, separate. At that point you are free to do as you wish.

But remember you child is having to deal with all this crap too..... so just try to be smart about it. Hate to bring another kid into this world because you need a little sex.
    Anonymous

• speaking in terms of your welfare, I wouldn't do it. if you are unsure about your SO giving you what you want, I would see about counseling. There are places that work on a sliding scare to what you can pay.
    Even if you just go to counseling alone that could help you figure things out.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous