should i be upset that my husband refuses to let me put the treadmill in our bedroom?

our room is not huge but i do have a spot to put the treadmill and it will not be in his way. i need to loose weight and it being in the basement is doing no good cause its cold and i think i will use it more if its here where is available.by the time i get downstairs im like nevermind .

rosepetalluv

Asked by rosepetalluv at 5:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• treadmillNo. It shouldn't be in the bedroom. Putting it downstairs is an excellent idea. The colder air will be healthier for you, will make you keep a great pace to stay warm and going up and down the stairs will make for a better workout.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• The bedroom is no place for treadmill. That is where you and him should have to relax and share intimate moments not workout. Its better if you can find a way to motivate yourself to go to the basement and use it there. Trust me, if its up in the room you will find and excuse not to use it there too. Maybe put a heater in the basement or something and a little tv or radio, hang up some posters that motivate you...but I seriously think having it in the bedroom will be bad for your relationship. HOwever he shouldnt be able to TELL you NO..you are a grown woman. But its nice if you can find a compromise somehow.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, but I agree that the bedroom is no place for a treadmill.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• build a spot in the basement for a workout area. dedicate it to working out - put pictures up etc....you'll use it.

cold is a good temp to workout in too.

bedrooms are for sleeping and *wink wink*
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• treadmillYes at first I thought it was a great idea but once I read these ladies post it is true the bedroom is for sex and sleep. Well you already know you dh's thoughts on it now if you are able to bring that treadmil up by yourself then go for it but don't hurt yourself but you'd probably be better off doing what all these ladies suggested...sorry I wish I could tell you different. It's funny that you ask this question I kind of asked this awhile back about pulling our treadmil from one of the front bedrooms into the living room bc I babysit for a living and I wanted the treadmil right there so I can watch the kids while I workout he said NO to me too...so don't feel bad he said he did not want our living room looking like a gym...oh well. Let's just get off our butts and go for it. I need to lose 40lbs.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I have to agree with the pp's and your dh. The bedroom is not a place for a treadmill and I can see his point. My treadmill is in my basement and it's also cold down there, but I do my yoga workout first and then I am heated and head straight downstairs. I never even notice that it's cold.
    Anonymous

• It does not belong in the bedroom. The bedroom is for sleep and sex (another kind of workout, so there you go.)

Put it in the basement or run/walk outside.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 12:37 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It should be where ever you will be inclined to use it. If it's in the basement and you don't like going down there you will never use it... then what good is it to you??

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I have to say I agree with everyone else--I wouldn't put a treadmill in the bedroom, especially if (like you said) the bedroom isn't huge. And this may sound mean, but it's just a little tough love--if you really want to lose weight and are dedicated to doing so, you won't let having to walk to the basement stop you. Nothing--and I mean nothing!--gets between me and my workouts :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Maybe he is worried it will turn into a clothes rack if it is in the bedroom. Better to put it downstairs.
    cafeclubmom

Answer by cafeclubmom at 6:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2010