Do you think tattoos are a sin and against God?

I have one...just to start off this debate.

But I work at a church school. And a couple of my friends are wanting to get one.

I was telling them about mine and what it was like getting it.

Then two of our other co workers heard us and just blatantly told us that it was a sin.

And I KNOW what scripture they are refereing too...but doesnt it also say...no jewelery and keep long hair and no earrings?

Just wondering how other felt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If it is God is pissed at me.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I don't.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 5:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• That's a silly thing to think.
    Anonymous

• I don't know if there is something stating the defilement of one's temple (body). I don't see it that way at all. That is very surprising to me.
    Anonymous

• Some religions do believe that they are. The body was created in His image and is a temple. So to alter is would be like saying your body is not good enough as God created it. Some people take it to the extreme and don't believe in wearing make up or dying hair. Others take it as no permanent alterations. It can be translated in a lot of different ways.
    Anonymous

• ohh...God's gotta be VERY P.O'd at me too!!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• it's people who hate, not God.

Tell them you weren't talking to them, if your God told you to continue loving Him as you do.

And for them to remember what they've been taught in church - to be compassionate and understanding, kind towards all.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't call it a sin. I have them and I am LDS. Is it frowned upon, sure. But there are worse things one could do lol
    SwePea

Answer by SwePea at 6:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I know people within my religion who believe that one should not permanently desecrate the body, this includes tattoos and earrings. Makeup is generally ok because it washes off. I have no problems with others getting tattoos. I don't think it's a sin either. Would I get one, no. Would I be happy if my kids did; not really. Saying it's sinful, nope not in my book.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I don't know, but I think they are a "sin" against me. I don't like needles at all.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2010