would you tell the so called "mom" that you (as his legal gaurdian) are taking him (the child) to counseling?

or can we just ot tell her. she wont do anything for her child. he lives with us - we are his gaurdians. why SHOULD we tell his mom??? shes a low life drugy...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would tell her and I would never call her a low life drugy. She is and always will be the biological mother of the child you love and care for.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It depends. If she would try to stop it or say negative things to her son about going then I wouldn't mention it. If she would be some what supportive I would tell her. I would never call her names, this is really damaging to your stepson, even if he doesn't have the greatest mother you have to support that relationship the best you can.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i would never call her anything in front of him..... ever. i know that could be hurtful. we are very positive with him about everything. trying to keep his head up. i just wanted you to know about her bc maybe it would effect your answers.
    Anonymous

• No, at this time she has no need to know. If you are the guardian then you make the choices.

Anonymous

• I wouldnt go outta my way to tell her anything. If she called maybe you could bring it up. Counseling could be a good thing for the child.
    MichaelsMomm122

Answer by MichaelsMomm122 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• if you guys are the guardians, then why would you? from the way you worded it, she has signed her parental rights away. you and your DH are his guardians. there is no reason to inform her.

if i mis-read it, and its just that she isnt the custodial, but still has visitation....I think you need to tell. However, I would probably wait until after....
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• If you are his legal guradians then perhaps you are not obligated to tell her. It depends on what you have to pass on or not. When ever you tell someone information you certainly are inviting their opinion or comment - even if you don't want it. So if you don't want it then no reason to even bring it up.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2010