PLEASE HELP! It doesn't hurt to have sex, but my stomach hurts afterwards sometimes pretty bad. Im 5 and a half weeks postpartum?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Health

• It is probably still your uterus contracting. Remember it stretched out over 1000 times its original size, so it will take a while for it to go back to normal. Breastfeeding and sexual activity can trigger contractions. It is something you will want to bring up at your 6 week check up, just in case.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 5:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Your uterus is contracting. That is normal. However, I suggest you wait a bit longer to be having sex. Doctor probably told you to wait 6-8 weeks for a reason.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 8:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• This is why you aren't supposed to have sex yet.....when will people get this????
    Anonymous

• Very polite and helpful anon :32. (Sarcasm in case you didn't catch that)

Six weeks is the standard guideline, it doesn't mean everyone fits into it. Some women have to wait much longer and others are fine in a few weeks. After my first my OB gave us the go ahead at 4 weeks. After my second my OB gave us the go ahead at 2 weeks! It was too soon for me, but medically it was okay.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 8:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2010