sick toddler.

Yesterday I had to take my 6mo to the doctor for a check up. I had to bring my 2 year old with me. He was not running around, sat in his chair and played with his toys like a little man. Well last night he started running a fever of 102.4. No other symptoms. I got the fever down fast and he slept all night. This morning he was a little warm. 100. 2. He has had a little bit of diarrah today not much. Then about 30min ago his fever came back. I'm scared to take him back to the doctor. What if it is nothing and he catches somethign really bad. Any ideas?

JacksMommy2008

Asked by JacksMommy2008 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Health

• Just let this bug run it's course. Two weeks ago my sons had a similar sounding virus. The fever went up and down for four days and was 104 at its highest. Keep him hydrated and consider calling the nurse. But a fever can exist safely for a few days.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• You don't want to get the fever down. The fever is the body's way of fighting illness. Germs grow best at body temp. The body raises it's temp so germs can't multiply well and the body can get better. If you give something for the fever then the bad germs can grow at ideal temperature. Fever does not cause damage in children until 108 degrees.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2010