Wrinkly tummy post partum. Will the skin go back ever?

I just had a baby 12 days ago. I'm feeling great and I'm already back in pre-pregnancy jeans. I havent weighed myself but I'm probably within 5 lbs or so of my pre pregnancy weight. My belly skin is kind of wrinkly ( i expected this) but I wonder if this ever goes back or improves or am I stuck with this look?
I can't exercise yet obviously, but when I can what exercises will improve this?
Also i had a c section, so the muscles are still tender and probably will be for longer than vaginal delivery.

BABYJANUARY2010

Asked by BABYJANUARY2010 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You will need to do cardio and some kind of pilates/situps. This will help but may not totally eliminate the issue. I found running really helped me.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, but if it's wrinkled, that's from stretch marks. Time to save up for a tummy tuck, because that is the only thing that will change it.
    Anonymous

• It'll go away, I had 4 babies and that happens, In my case it went away .Congrats~!~ God Bless Your NEW Baby~!~Thank god you are both healthy~!~****
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 6:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I also had a c section. I gained 50 lbs, but lost 45 of it, and I'm left with the remaining 5 four months later, lol. My skin is wrinkly too, and I have some stretch marks. However, every month I see more and more of an improvement. Especially at only 12 days postpartum...your skin is definitely going to improve quite a bit. I've hardly done an exercising also, and I'm sure mine would look even better if I had, so if you do, I'm sure it'll be close to how it used to be in no time. :) And anon 6:33 doesn't know what they're talking about, because you don't ALWAYS need surgery. My cousin's stomach looked HORRIBLE, with stretch marks,and 3 years later, you can't even tell she was ever pregnant.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2010